Mihelich & Kavanaugh, PLC was founded in 1951 by Joseph E. Mihelich. Mr. Mihelich’s mission was to create a firm that offered the services of a large firm while maintaining the accessibility and responsiveness of a small firm.
Mihelich & Kavanaugh, PLC is a full-service law firm dedicated to providing its clients with superior legal services. Since its formation, the firm has adhered to the goal of excellence in representation. Fulfillment of the goal is exemplified throughout all stages of litigation without exception. The firm has three offices in Macomb County and represents a wide array of clients across the state of Michigan. Further, we offer a free initial consultation and evening and weekend appointments so as to better serve your needs. Contact us today to discuss your potential case. We look forward to working for you.
Over the years, the firm has handled a wide variety of cases, from small contract disputes to multi-million-dollar injury cases. It has grown and has offices in Eastpointe and Clinton Township. The firm is able to serve the needs of the private sector with a comprehensive range of expert legal advice in any area of the law. It is committed to offering superior legal services to its clients.
Depending on the type of work performed, the fee for legal services is based on an hourly rate, a percentage of the amount recovered or involved or a flat fee.
- The time and labor required.
- The novelty and difficulty of the legal questions.
- The skill necessary to perform the legal services.
- The likelihood that the acceptance of the particular employment will preclude other employment by the firm.
- The amount in controversy.
- The results obtained.
- The time limitations imposed by the client or by circumstances.
- The nature and length of the professional relationship with the client.
- The experience, reputation and ability of the lawyer or lawyers performing the services.
In certain cases, credit arrangements for payment of fees can be made. A retainer (down payment) is required for most, but not all types of cases. Specific and detailed information regarding fees, credit arrangements and retainers is available upon request.